Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Laura's Travels: The Paris Apartment Boutique, Bistro, & Tea Room

A few days ago I visited a lovely boutique and tea room in Knoxville, TN called "The Paris Apartment" with my family.

The House Blend tea had the most delicious fresh fruit aroma.

I had the Provence Crepe with roasted chicken breast and sautéed mushrooms in a bechamel sauce. The crepe was perfectly light and thin, and the creamy bechamel really complimented the earthy mushrooms.

The crepe came with the soup of the day: thick and savory tomato-basil bisque.

We had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the establishment, Debbie, who shared the proper way of holding a cup of tea: not with your finger through the handle, but rather three fingers and your thumb pinching the handle, and your pinky held out for balance! My sister demonstrates above.

I might not be able to afford an elegant trip to Europe yet, but places like this make it easier to pretend to be Audrey Hepburn.

The themed boutiques were fun to browse...so many sparkles and finery. It brought out the girly-girl princess in me!

A real Titanic-era hat was on display, along with other antique items.

Debbie shared that the hat selections had been quite popular for Derby Day. I can see why!


The decor made me feel like I was in a quaint European cafe.

I didn't have any room for dessert, but I had to take a picture of this it was so pretty!
I had a lovely day!


2 comments:

IMPORTANT: Check "Notify me" to be notified of my reply!